Public course – 10-hours over 5 Tuesday evenings – Nelson (max 10 people)
You will learn to solve problems, agree on changes in behaviour, develop trust, and improve your workplace relationships by using Cher’s practical step-by-step
method for having courageous conversations in real workplace problems.
Who would benefit:
This workshop is targeted to people working in
small businesses who want to communicate better
when dealing with staff, customers, partners, suppliers, shareholders, and directors. NMIT students welcome.
At the end of this 10 hour course, you can expect to:
- Have the ability and courage to engage in difficult conversations and navigate your way to a clear outcome.
- Communicate more effectively when faced with emotionally loaded and tricky situations, either one-to-one or in meetings.
- Develop a greater capacity to communicate so that your message is received as you intended.
- Keep a cool head under pressure, while others around you may be losing it. Learn not to be fazed by difficult questions.
- Drop judgements, assumptions, and generalisations and learn to listen carefully even if your mind is made up.
- Turn the lens on yourself and observe how you contribute with your habitual reactions when you are under pressure.
- Learn powerful communication tools that will always increase your influence and reduce defensiveness.
- Understand neurophysiology (threat and reward systems) and how the brain triggers unhelpful reactions.
Dates: 2017 October 24th, 31st and November 7th, 14th, 21st
Times: 5.30 – 7.30 pm
Cost: $195 incl gst (5 sessions)
Venue: NMIT, Hardy Street, Nelson
For more information, please email email@example.com