Kaupapa – Vision
I transform difficult relationships by helping people break through personal and professional differences. With my assistance, individual, partnerships, teams and often whole organizations grow strong and robust. Relationships become much more collaborative and trust and confidence is restored.
I coach people to use powerful communication tools that repair communication breakdowns, work through personality clashes and resolve conflict. I also teach people how to prevent these problems occurring in the first place.
My approach is well balanced, professional and confident. Clients trust me to create a respectful empowering process that puts all parties at ease and leaves them satisfied with the outcome.
An important part of my work is that people grow and change both personally and professionally by developing a fresh approach to their relationships.
Cher has over 25 years of experience in conflict resolution in various roles as mediator, facilitator, coach, counsellor, manager, leader, and trainer. Her work is specialised in the effective resolution of conflict, improving workplace communication and in enhancing leadership skills.
She is a well-qualified and very experienced trainer, coach, supervisor, and counsellor. She holds a Bachelors degree and a post graduate qualification as a Sociodramatist (Trainer, Educator, Practitioner).
Forms of Conflict Resolution: Cher’s work in conflict resolution takes a variety of forms depending on where it lies
- Facilitation of team development and groups
- One to one coaching of leaders
- Training groups in conflict resolution
- Relationship repair
- Analysis of organisational conflict and written recommendation of what interventions need to be to made in a conflict situation
- Leadership training for Personal and professional effectiveness
- Giving staff feedback and improving performance
- One to one Supervision and mentoring
- Working with leaders in organisations to make a changes
- Team development and facilitation
- Organisational development (changes in culture, systems and people)
Background and Qualification:
- Batchelor of Arts – Murdoch University Western Australia
- Post Graduate studies: Certified Sociodramatist (Trainer, Educator and Practitioner TEP) with the Australian and NZ Psychodrama Association Inc
- Seven years employed with the Sealord Group (1996-2003) as the Human Resources Manager and then the Organisational and Staff Development Manager. Cher was responsible for organisational development, staff development, human resource systems and strategy, leadership mentoring and management training on all aspects of managing self, staff, and teams.
- Fifteen years as Managing Director of Conflict Management Ltd
- Taught hundreds of courses, seminars and workshops in all areas of conflict, people leadership, personal development and professional development
- Supervised, mentored and coached dozens of leaders in organisation in one to one consultations
- Attended a vast array of personal and professional development courses mostly in psychodrama and sociodrama
- Teaches sociodrama to trainees in NZ and Australia
- Full CV on request
- Manages Conflict Management Ltd
- Works in organisations to unravel workplace communication breakdowns and blockages and resolve conflict (referees and testimonials available)
- Teaches short management courses for The Business Development Company (BDC) – the Leading People series, and Smart Skills for Professionals. The BDC is a joint venture between Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce and Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
- Teaches management courses (1-3 days) in leadership, time management, conflict management and people management for NZIM (Institute of Management Otago Branch) and for the Otago Southland Employers Association
- Mentors and supervises private clients
- Mentors managers and staff at Sealord on personal and professional effectiveness and leadership
- Staff member and trainer for Wellington Psychodrama Training Institute